As a Project Superintendent at Pinner Construction, you will be working on exciting projects in a variety of market sectors for various clients throughout Los Angeles county. As an official Pinner Ambassador, you will be encouraged to participate in and contribute to our culture of excellence, trust and quality. As a valuable member in shaping Pinner Construction’s future, you will aid in the development of adopting innovative processes and techniques in order to increase the company’s momentum moving forward.
The Superintendent’s role is to develop and maintain a collaborative partnership with all project stakeholders to ensure the project meets expectations. You will plan and manage construction activities for projects from conception to completion in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
Project Superintendent Primary Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the project with regard to phasing, logistics, schedule, subcontractor coordination, planning and project execution.
- Conduct project safety meetings, subcontractor weekly foreman’s meetings, schedule update review meetings, 3-week look-ahead meetings, and participate in OAC meetings.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures throughout the course of the project.
- Assist in the development of the baseline schedule, and maintain the project schedule on a monthly basis and ensure the project maintains the scheduled completion date.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the owner, subcontractors and architect.
- Coordinate field construction work through organization and proper planning, and collaborative relationship with subcontractor representatives on site.
- Set the standard for excellent quality control.
- Knowledge of building codes.
- Review project drawings, specifications and submittals.
- Review and/or author all RFIs for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Review and vet CORs from subcontractors; sign T & M timesheets only when they are justified (do not sign TS verifying time only).
- Attend or hold regular subcontractor and management meetings.
- Perform start-up testing and prepare for owner turnover.
- Document final close-out and guarantee owner acceptance.
- Coordinate the punchlist process with owner and architect.
Project Superintendent Requirements
- Associate’s degree in a related field and 5 years of Project Superintendent-related experience.
- Commercial and/or public works construction experience required.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possessing a sense of urgency.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing building systems.
- Knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Client and vendor relationship management.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Physical and mental fitness is a given.
- Strong focus on quality.
- Working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including MS Teams, Bluebeam.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Previous or current experience working with LAUSD is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
What We Offer
- Strong bonus structure.
- Medical 100% Employer paid.
- Company vehicle/car allowance and gas card.
- Three weeks of vacation.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 50% match.
- Pet insurance.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Pinner Construction Co., Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.