As a Senior Project Manager (SPM) at Pinner Construction, you will be working on exciting projects in a variety of market sectors for various clients, throughout Los Angeles county. As an official Pinner Ambassador, you will be encouraged to participate in and contribute to our culture of excellence, trust and quality. As a valuable member in shaping Pinner Construction’s future, you will aid in the development of adopting innovative processes and techniques in order to increase the company’s momentum moving forward.
The SPM’s role is to develop and maintain a collaborative partnership with all project stakeholders to ensure the project meets expectations. He or she will also plan and manage construction activities from a project’s conception to completion in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
Sr. Project Manager Primary Responsibilities
- Ensure that construction activities are completed according to predetermined schedule, mitigating and reporting all potential delays by monitoring the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis, and holding weekly status meetings with all the team members, subcontractors, and clients and their consultants.
- Committed to timely billing.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include clients, architects, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other applicable regulations.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce constructability issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
- Interpret and explain project documents and contract terms to staff, subcontractors and clients.
- Manage the budget, track project expenses and minimize exposure and risk in the project.
- Collect, review and approve monthly invoices submitted by all subcontractors and vendors.
- Ensure project documentation and reports are complete.
- Handle complaints, settling disputes and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Complete project close-out and warranty follow-up.
- Coordinate the punchlist process with the owner and architect .
Sr. Project Manager Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction science, engineering, architecture, or other related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of commercial construction experience is required.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possessing a sense of urgency.
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing building systems.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
- Thorough knowledge of public contract code and building codes as well as safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Superior client and vendor relationship management.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Physical and mental fitness is a given.
- Strong focus on quality.
- Working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including MS Teams, Bluebeam.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Previous or current experience working with LAUSD construction projects is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
What We Offer
- Strong bonus structure.
- Medical 100% Employer paid.
- Company vehicle/car allowance and gas card.
- Three weeks of vacation.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 50% match.
- Pet insurance.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Pinner Construction Co., Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.